🦩 5 Marketing Trends That Will Still Dominate in 2022 (Part 1)
Updated: Jan 27, 2022
Out with the old, in with the new? Not so fast.
Everyone loves the new shiny object, but in marketing, it's the classics that drive revenue.
This post is part 1 of trends that will stay and new ones to be on the lookout for in 2022. Let's dig in.
1. Video. This trend started 5-6 years ago and it is not going away. Mo' video, mo' engagement, mo' money! Yes, videos are a beast to produce but remember you can REPURPOSE. And Instagram and other social media platforms favor videos (especially reels). As you create more videos, turn it into other types of content: blogs, articles, eBooks, social posts, podcasts, email marketing, etc. to maximize your content creation.
2. Livestreaming. DYK watch time for live content is up 250%?! Attention is king when you go live. This is a great way to engage with your audience, showcase and answer questions about your product and services, and establish trust. Plus now more brands are releasing built-in shopping features.
3. Organic SEO. Search engine optimization will continue to be the leading source of new and organic traffic to websites. SEO can be very complex and time-consuming, but here are some simple things you should do:
- Make sure your website is set up properly in the backend to optimize SEO. Hire an expert to get this right (we can help as well).
- Research a list of the most relevant keywords to your industry to use throughout your website, blog, long format content, etc.
- Design a mobile friendly website.
4. Owning Your Audience. You must grow your house list on your own platforms. Period.
5. Email. This oldie but goodie still generates the best ROI, exceeding social and paid ads. Consider a weekly newsletter to stay connected to your audience.
One thing is certain, no matter where the trends go, your marketing should feel fresh and constantly evolving using the latest tools and tech to make your job easier.