In this edition of the F60 we are talking about a trending topic, Search Generative Experience (SGE).
What Is SGE?
It's Google's fancy way of saying that search engines are getting smarter. Instead of just giving you a list of websites, they're now going to organize the results in a way that helps you find what you need more easily.
So, with generative AI in Search, you can do some cool things:
1. You can ask more complicated and detailed questions.
2. You'll get a quick topic summary and links to learn more.
3. You can start tasks like writing or finding images right from your search results.
4. It's easier to have a conversation with the search engine and get suggestions on what to do next.
Even though SGE sounds great for user experience, Insight Partners, a VC firm, is predicting that SEO website traffic can drop 15-20%. Ouch.
3 Actions You Should Take for Your SEO
1. 📜Set ground rules and configure Google's data collection settings. Establish guidelines for content creation, keyword usage, and website structure. Enable Google Analytics and Search Console to monitor performance and identify areas for improvement. Regularly analyze data to refine your strategies and enhance search engine visibility.
2. 🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽Be engaged and sign up for Google Labs to learn how to better use their tools. Experiment with Bing to discover its unique features. Expand your knowledge and enhance your online experience.
3. 📊Diversify your investments. Don't rely on a single marketing channel. Discover where your target audience spends time and engage with them there. By spreading your efforts across multiple platforms, you increase your chances of reaching and connecting with a wider audience.
🚀The bottom line:Whenever Google tweaks its search rules, some websites come out on top while others might see a drop in their traffic. What really matters is how you adapt to the changes and adjust your marketing strategy.