🎃 In the spirit of Halloween, this week we're sharing the scariest mistakes we've seen on websites. Avoid these at all costs.
- Ghostly Call to Actions (CTA). If you don't have clear, concise, and captivating CTAs on your website, you are essentially ghosting your visitors. Tell them what you want them to do. Hide & seek doesn't work here.
- Talking too much about yourself and not making the customer the (s)hero of their own story. Get your ratio right and use more you's vs we's.
- Clunky design and poor user experience. Make sure your website is responsive and looks great on mobile. Nearly 55% of global website traffic comes from smartphones.
- Terrifying fonts. The size and font type you use on your site matters. Don't get too creative, just select up to 3 types of fonts that are easy to to read (with a few exceptions, try to avoid script, italics, and too much ALL CAPS).
- Missing testimonials and social proof. Ask your current clients for HONEST feedback to get the ball rolling. You don't need a ton, but you do need them.